Friday 21 August 2015

IBC-2015 Hall 7, stand F06

This year we will be featuring the TMC-1 multichannel monitor controller, described by one customer as "The large console monitor controller without the large console". New this year are the interface to the NTP DAD/Penta digital interfaces to make a fully digital monitor controller r and the S6 drop in module plus a host of new software features.  Colin Broad (the designer) is on the stand to demonstrate the new features and explain how the TMC-1 can be used will all monitoring formats including a full Atmos and or Auro system.

You can see a photo of the TMC-1-S6 on my post of the 17th of July, below is a description of the two major upgrades to the TMC-1 Penta that will be released at the IBC.

Input Pallet
The TMC-1-Penta has 6 inputs, Main and Alt which can both be up to 64 channels wide, I/P1 - I/P4 which can be up to 8 channels wide. I/P1-I/P4 can now be assigned to any input from a pallet of 16 inputs. Each input on the pallet can be a different format, the monitor output is set to the correct format when the input is selected. If the Main and Alternate inputs have a maximum of 8 channels the main and alternate inputs  may also be selected from the pallet.



Note. You can program the input names for all inputs and outputs.
  
Analog Input Control
The DAD AX24 or NTP Penta 720 can be fitted with analog input card(s) with 8 inputs. The TMC-1 now has a MicLine page that allows you to meter the digital levels, control the Gain, select Mic/Line Input, Mute On/Off, phase reverse and  Phantom On/Off. When selected to Mic/Line inputs the meters display the digital input level and the PFL (Pre Fade Listen) key switches the monitoring to the selected input.




There are a number of other small improvements in the user interface, this should be the last major upgrade to the TMC-1 Penta this year. It has taken longer than I expected to make these upgrades, every time I was close to finishing I found more to do! 

I am on holiday next week and will post Beta test versions of this software for both the XMon and Penta versions when I return. It will be necessary to update the Penta Configuration software which inludes the new Pallet and Bass Management systems. You may even have to read the updated manual.


I have started on two more projects, one of which I should have finished for the AES in New York but more about that in my next post!

No comments: